Review | Makeup Revolution Retro Luxe Matte Lip Kit

When the lip kit craze started I think I underestimated how much people would jump at the chance to get a drugstore version, Especially when it cam to getting hold of one from Makeup Revolution. It was like looking for liquid gold, every local store was sold out and they were constantly out of stock online...but after a long (and I mean long) wait I finally spotted one! in my local Superdrug!

The first thing I noticed about the Makeup Revolution lip kits was how incredible the packaging is especially when it's only priced at £6, they really seemed to have gone above and beyond to keep up with higher end brands. The packaging is matte black with rose gold accents and a set of lips that shows the colour inside, however I did notice that this isn't a really good representation as it's a lot darker than it is in the tube. Inside the box you get a liquid lipstick and lip liner that matches incredibly well, I love that they've continued the theme of rose gold and black from the box on the products.  
The lip kit comes in 8 shades giving people lots of options ranging from nude to blue, I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the shade range as I'd like to see more bright pinks and darker reds, or just shades that are a little more wearable from day to night. I managed to picked up Noble which is a gorgeous nude/brown shade. 

I was so impressed with the lip liner; it's soft, creamy and glides on so well. Plus, it matches the lipstick so well that you can't even tell you're wearing it. It can also be sharpened which is a major positive for me. The liquid lipstick comes with your standard dofer applicator which makes application incredibly easy to apply. 
The lipstick dries incredibly quickly and feels really comfortable on the lips. One thing I have noticed about this lipstick is how well it lasts, even after eating and drinking it doesn't move. It has so much staying power, to the point I actually left it on over night to test it out and it was still perfect when I woke up the next morning...how is that even possible? 

I have to say, I'm so impressed with these lip kits! It performs just as good as the high end versions and it only costs £6. I just hope they get some more stock soon because I have my eye on a few of the other colours. Let me know your thoughts on the Makeup Revolution Retro Luxe Matte Lip Kits in the comments. 
  

Comments

  1. I love these lip kits, they're such good quality considering the price! Makeup Revolution do some gorgeous bits!xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more! They're amazing x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. A little bit, but not as much as I expected. I think it's just because they're really matte x

      Delete

Post a Comment