Review | Make Up Remover Cloths

2 comments
Taking off my make up at the end of the day is my least favourite thing to do, so anything that can make the process a little easier is a win for me! So when I saw make up remover cloths becoming a bit of a craze online I knew I had to get my hands on them. The original cloths retail for around £6.99 but I happened to find 2 for £1.99 in my local B&M store. 

The cloths claim to remove make up with warm water alone, like most others I was really sceptical mainly because a lot of the make up I wear is waterproof and I often struggle to remove that with my usual make up remover. However, I knew if it did work then I knew I'd be raving about it to everyone...but I'm not sure I can do that! 

On first impressions I couldn't believe how soft it felt, far more luxurious than a face cloth or muslin. In all honesty all I wanted to do was go home and take off my make up because it was like nothing I'd ever felt before. As instructed I washed both the cloths in warm water before using them, let them dry before using them properly. I soaked the cloth in warm water and proceeded to take off my make up, at first I was quite impressed as a good amount of my foundation vanished in one sweep of the cloth...but it didn't get much better than that. 

I found that it didn't remove any of the foundation where I have dry skin, especially on my cheeks where I've had acne in the past. My eyebrows and pencil liner removed fine but when it came to my mascara I had no luck at all, I added more water to the cloth and rubbed a little harder around the eyes but it got to the point where I thought my eyelashes were going to come out so I had to stop! I tried the clothes again the next day but this time I applied Soap & Glory Peaches and Clean on my skin and then used the cloths to wipe it away...it worked perfectly! Every inch on my make up was gone within seconds and my skin was left feeling incredibly clean.

Using the cloths with a cleanser makes me question whether the product is just a gimmick or if it was just because it was a copy of the original cloths. I'd love to know if you've tried them and whether you had the same results as I did.


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments:

  1. I have heard so many good things about the original so perhaps it is just because it was a copy, still might be worth a purchase though due to the difference in price from this one and the original, great post :)

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog
    My Instagram | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm thinking, still wouldn't put me off buying the original.
      Glad you liked it :)

      Katie x

      Delete