People say the minute you enter your second trimester you immediately get that "pregnancy glow", your symptoms vanish and you just begin to bloom, bump and all. Well, put it this way it's all bulls**t! What they don't tell you is this is where it all starts to feel real; those twinges in your back, none of your pre-pregnancy clothes fit and you basically feel a bit 'meh' all the time!

My second trimester started off amazingly well, we found out we're expecting a baby girl! However, we didn't really get the whole magical experience at my 20 weeks scan. I was told the baby was breech and I had an anterior placenta (it is on the front of my uterus) but was never really given an explanation of what it meant, whether the baby would move, whether the placenta would stay at the front, will it cause complications during birth...I just felt a little rushed in my appointment, so much so that I had to go home and research my questions to get the answers I needed. But, not long after my 20-week scan I started feeling actual kicks, which just made it feel so real and the scan was put to the back of my mind. To add to the magic, Michael felt her move a few weeks later which was even more amazing. His face just lit up, I know it meant a lot for him but for me, it just secured that bond between Michael, baby & I. 

Doctors appointments have all been very successful, which surprised me every time. My urine samples have been clear, blood pressure has been perfect and I as of 26 weeks (I'm scheduling posts so it could still be the same) I haven't gained any weight which I'm incredibly proud of. That was the one part of pregnancy I was dreading most, mainly because I'm already overweight so I knew any weight I did put on I'd have to shift afterwards to feel comfortable again. I haven't been intentionally trying to lose/maintain my weight but I know a lot of it is down to the problems I've had with food over the last month or so.

With the good parts of the second trimester came the bad, the worst part being the glucose tolerance test. It's a 2 and a half-hour test that determines whether you have gestational diabetes, you have to get blood tests done before the test then drink the worst sugary drink ever (imagine a flat Lucozade mixed with a Capri Sun and then about 10 tsps of sugar added in). Then spend the next 2 hours waiting around with no eating or drinking and then get more blood tests after. Thankfully I managed to stomach the drink - just - but the worst part was the blood tests afterwards because I was so dehydrated it took 5 attempts to get blood out of me. One needle went into the muscle which knocked me sick, another attempt went into the same place as the first so it bruised like a peach and the fourth got pulled out just as the blood was about to come out. Thankfully I passed so it's one less thing I have to worry about!

Along with the lack of sleep due to not being able to get comfortable the aches and pains have also started. However, my main issue has been with food which I never saw happening. Nothing looks appetising, nothing tastes right and nothing fills me which is really disheartening because I know I need the nutrients for myself and baby. So, when I do find something I like I tend to fixate on it hence why I've eaten pickles and salad every day for the last 2 weeks! I know it will all be worth it in the end...

I really can't believe there are only 3 months left until we meet our baby girl, hopefully, it will fly over.