From the moment you tell people your pregnant everyone likes to chip in with advice, hints and tips on pretty much everything from your bump to labour and beyond. Over the last 6 months I've let a lot of what people say go over my head, I nod along and thank them for their kind words...but then I always find myself wondering why no one ever tells you about the unpleasant side of pregnancy. So, I thought it was my responsibility to share some of the things they don't tell you about pregnancy; 

1. That 'pregnancy glow' is a myth - Well that's only if the sweat constantly present on your face doesn't count as a 'glow' and believe me you will nothing but 'glow' throughout the summer! 

2. You become obsessed - You'll soon realise it's impossible to walk passed baby clothes in a shop and not stop to look, you look at everyone's prams and changing bags when they walk passed and you constantly find yourself writing lists of things you (don't really) need. 

3. Your vagina and boobs are everyone's business - Anything relating to your lady bits is now open for discussion, nothing is private anymore. People want to know whether you'll be delivering naturally, breastfeeding and possibly even the conception. 

4. Everyone has a point of view - There is so much advice coming from so many different people that it's sometimes hard to know who to listen to...the modern Mum's who tell you to buy all the new gadgets and gizmos no matter what they cost. Or, the family who may not have had children for 20 or so years. Just remember it's your baby!

5. Sexy underwear is out - If your current undies not fitting isn't bad enough then you have to contend with underwired bras being uncomfortable and pants never sit in the right place anymore. So, best stock up on the granny pants!

6. It's all VERY overwhelming - If people aren't insisting that you spend hundreds on cots and prams then it's advice on nappies or baby lotions and potions. There is so much out there that it's no surprise that you'll instantly feel overwhelmed and feel like a complete failure if you don't spend £240 on a Sleepyhead and cover. 

7. Hair! Hair everywhere! - A lifetime supply of razors will be needed for your 9 months of pregnancy, no matter how frequently you shave there is an incredibly high possibility that the hair will return the next day...it's like a never-ending battle. Plus, you get hair in places you've never had hair before!  

8. Time goes SO slow - Those few weeks in between scans drag, each trimester seems to last 3 years rather than 3 months and don't even get me started on the last trimester. Every day seems to drag once you reach the final count downstage. 

9. You really don't eat for two - Due to the baby taking up so much room, it's impossible to overeat. For me, after a few mouth fulls, I can feel myself getting bloated and uncomfortable. Plus, it's the first "don't do this is pregnancy" given to you by your midwife...so using it as an excuse for overeating during pregnancy is well and truly out the window! 

10. Your body is completely alien to you - You literally have a tiny person inside of you controlling everything from when you sleep, how you feel and even what you want to eat. Then on top of that, you've got said tiny person moving around, pushing out your stomach and jabbing you in every direction...it's like nothing you've ever felt before.

11. Food isn't right anymore - I can't even tell you how many times I've cried over not knowing what I want to eat. Or, suddenly being obsessed with things you've never really liked before, in my case pickles and milk (thankfully not together). Or, those times you think you're majorly craving something and go out of your way to get it and then you just don't want it anymore...such a pain!

12. Needles are no longer an issue - If you have an issue with needles before you get pregnant then you'll soon have to learn to deal with them...from blood tests, glucose tests, whooping cough injections and flu jabs. You'll soon learn there is no escape from the needles.

13. Oral health is a nightmare - Who knew pregnancy would affect your teeth so much; toothache, bleeding gums and the constant need to vomit when you actually brush your teeth is just a nightmare. Good job you get free dental care when pregnant in the UK...so make the most of it.

14. Prepare for excess bodily functions - I can't tell you how many days I've had a runny nose since being pregnant, then add the extra saliva into the mix...honestly I have no clue where it all comes from but it's something you have to learn to live with.

15. The love you feel is indescribable - From the second you see those two lines on the pregnancy test your baby (or babies) becomes your whole world. Then there's the added love from those around you; your partner, family and friends...they all share this love for someone they haven't even met yet. It's like no love you've ever felt before!

16. Not everyone puts on lots of weight - Before getting pregnant one thing I worried most about was putting on a lot of weight, mainly because I'd pressure myself to lose it afterwards. However, that's not exactly the case, I didn't gain a pound before 29 weeks...in fact, at my last weigh-in (29 +9) I had actually lost 2lbs. I haven't changed my eating habits or increased the amount of exercise I do, so don't let it worry you too much!

17. You can drink caffeine - Obviously you can't go over board and down a cup of coffee every hour. However, it's perfectly safe to have up to 200mg a day. That would be the equivalent of; 2 instant cups of coffee or two mugs of tea and one can of cola...so don't worry too much about missing your morning coffee.

I'd love to know if there are things that you would add to this list as I know that no two woman have the same experience when pregnant, we all just get the same amazing end result.