I have to admit when I fell pregnant there was so much I was dreading; weight gain, lack of comfort and the dreaded birth. However, I've found myself quite surprised over how much I've enjoyed the last 36 weeks (fingers crossed I'm not jinxing the last few weeks) but every now and then there are parts of me wishing the next 4 weeks away. I'm now looking forward to;
  • Meeting Baby Sheppard - Obviously, the main thing I'm looking forward to is meeting our baby girl, introducing her to everyone and just living in that newborn bubble that everyone enjoys so much. 
  • Sleeping In A Comfortable Position - I can't tell you how much I toss and turn in the night, lying wide awake because I can't find a position that is comfortable to sleep in. Oh, how I miss sleeping on my back! 
  • Forbidden Food - I didn't think I would miss being able to have soft cheese, crackers, pate and meat but I do! I've missed it so much that I've asked Michael to stock the fridge with some of my favourites for when I'm out of the hospital. Then there is the one tin of tuna limit, lack of caffeine and worrying meat is fully cooked. 
  • Drinking A Cocktail - I've never really been one for drinking but since being pregnant I've craved a really cold, fruity cocktail. Just not quite sure how long I'm going to have to wait for a drink if I choose to breastfeed...maybe I should just opt for a mocktail instead.  
  • Sitting In A Comfortable Position - Following on from not being able to sleep comfortably, there is also the trouble with sitting in a comfortable position. I honestly think I have to re-position myself every 3 minutes; I'm on the floor, on the chair, legs crossed, legs out, on the birthing ball and then I give up and go to bed to start it all again when I get there. 
  • Wearing Nice Underwear - I'm at the end of my tether with granny pants and practical bras, yes they're comfortable but they not your usual picks for a 25-year-old. I can't tell you how many sets of underwear have gone unworn over the last few months and probably will go unworn for a few months more! 
  • Not Having To Pee CONSTANTLY - Praise the day that I don't have a baby constantly sitting on my bladder!! I'm currently at the point in pregnancy where I pee and feel like I need to go back 20 minutes later to go again. Such a pain! 
  • Pain-Free Walking - Now the baby is sitting with her head in my pelvis walking has become quite a chore, a very painful and uncomfortable chore! 
  • Being Able To Pick Things Up - God forbid if I drop something on the floor during the day, I can't tell you the amount of time's I've left a trail of things around the house for Michael to pick up when he gets home from work. Who knew I'd miss something as simple as picking something up?
  • A Really Long, Hot Bath - Having a bath, in general, is quite a luxury at the moment because I need someone to be around to help me in and out of the tub. Then there is the added annoyance of not actually being able to soak in a hot bath (or shower for that matter) as the temperature has to be kept low to keep baby safe. 
I'd love to know what you were/are most looking forward to post-pregnancy, other than the obvious moments with your newborn!