At the age of 3 weeks, Ellie decided to stop breastfeeding. She wouldn't latch on and when I pumped I wasn't making enough in a day to cover one feed. So, I called it a minor success and accepted that she was going to have to be formula-fed. As much as I loved breastfeeding I've found life so much easier now we're using formula, mainly because Michael can get involved and the responsibility of feeding isn't solely down to me. For those who are also choosing to formula feed I thought I would share my must-have products to make those feeds a little easier; 

Perfect Prep Machine - I think everyone and their dog has the Perfect Prep Machine and I finally see why. It can prepare a bottle in a matter of minutes (depending on how many ozs you make) and gives you the correct amount every time with a simple push of a button. The machine gives you a hot shot to kill bacteria in the milk and then you add the scoops of formula, mix and it fills to the correct amount with room temperature water. I can't tell you how much I want to hug this machine at 4am when Ellie wakes up for a feed, that feeling of knowing we don't have to boil a kettle and wait for the water to cool just to make a bottle. 
The machine retails for around £120 but is always on offer (normally half price) during baby events, so it's worth keeping an eye out if you do want to formula feed. 

Electric Steriliser -  Alongside the Prep Machine we also opted for Tommee Tippee's steriliser. It uses steam from the 80ml of water you add to the bottom to steam and sterilise around 7 bottles at a time. I normally wash all of my used bottles at night and pop them in the steriliser which takes around 5 minutes, it gives me a little peace of mind knowing that everything is ready for the next day. The only downside of the steriliser is that it gets quite dirty on the bottom so needs cleaning before or after every use, however, I can totally look pasted that because I know it's giving me clean bottles in minutes. 

Aptamil Formula & Ready Made - I did a lot of research when we switched to formula because there are so many choices I didn't know what to buy. We finally opted for Aptamil as it was a well-known brand, is available where we shop and gives you the option of ready-made bottles. Ellie has taken to it so well; it doesn't make her gassy and fills her enough that she sleeps incredibly well. A £10 tub normally lasts us around 10 days and then when we're out and about we use the ready-made bottles that gives you around 6 ounces for 85p. The ready-made doesn't fill Ellie as much as the formula but it's perfect when you're out as it can be given to her at room temperature. 

Travel Pots - When I go to my parent's house and want to use the formula I didn't like the idea of keeping it in the bottle as it never mixed properly. So, I picked up 8 little containers for £1.99 at Home Bargains that are perfect for holding formula! I just scoop the formula into the container on a morning and I know I have the perfect amount for Ellie's next feed. 
They are intended to be used as freezer pots for food when weaning so I know they are going to come in useful even after she's finished with formula.

What are your feeding must-haves? After snacks, a drink and something good on TV of course. Let me know in the comments.