When you're pregnant you're always bombarded with lists of things you should or shouldn't buy, so to be prepared you buy everything and then some more...and then a baby arrives and you realise you didn't actually need half as much stuff! So, after 12 weeks I've finally found some little things that I think every new Mum should have;

Bath/Room Thermometer - Now, I know there is the old classic technique of popping your elbow into the water to check the temperature...but warm feels different to everyone. So, for my own peace of mind, I wanted to get a thermometer that would help me out at bath times. I picked up this hippo from Tesco for £5, he floats on the water and tells you the temperature and also flashes a red light when the water gets too hot which is really handy. But, he also is used as a room thermometer, making it a great multi-use product and it's pretty cute too!

Nursing Pillow - I didn't nurse for long so I felt the pillow would become obsolete after that but I've loved using it since! I got mine in the Asda for £10 and it's still so useful. I still lay Ellie on it when I'm feeding her, that way I always have a hand free and I know that she's in a comfortable position. I also use it for a support cushion for Ellie to sit it or nap on, it gives me peace of mind knowing that she can't roll anywhere and she's not straining her back or neck sleeping in awkward positions. It's great for taking pictures and Michael also loves to use it as a neck cushion!

Tommee Tippee Bibs - I don't know a parent who would say that bibs aren't on their must-have list, but these ones, in particular, are amazing! They have a small foam ring that sits under their chin to catch any dribbles and prevent milk for collecting in their cute little baby folds. They aren't the best-looking bibs in the world but they are really absorbent and leave the baby and their clothes dry...what more do you need? The bibs come in blue, pink and yellow and are usually around the £5 mark for a pack of 2.

Books - There are so many amazing books out there for children, whether you choose to read stories or educational books they are all going to be beneficial for your baby. We've always found reading to Ellie has calmed her down a lot, mainly because she just likes hearing our voices. The 10 Little series of books have been our favourite for a long time, they teach counting, they rhyme and are filled with bright colours and stunning pictures.

It's safe to say that these few things have been lifesavers for us over the last few weeks, even though they didn't cost a lot they have become firm favourites and I know we'll continue to use them! Let me know your baby favourites under £10 in the comments.