When I was pregnant I was over joyed when my hair began to thicken, it felt so luxurious and I had that "I've just had a blow dry" feeling for months. Apparently it was all thanks to my estrogen levels rising prolonging the growing stage of hair, meaning in simple terms that there is less hair falling out each day than pre-pregnancy...hence the thicker hair. 

However, it didn't last long! Within a few days of Ellie being born and my hormones levels dropping I started noticing stray hairs everywhere and I mean everywhere!! I think I noticed it more because it had been so long since so much hair had fallen out, it wasn't anything too drastic and I got used it after a couple of weeks. Then I hit 2 months postpartum and things got worse...a whole lot worse!

My hair was at the point where I couldn't even touch it without loosing at least 10 hairs. Washing and brushing my hair was awful too. Now 3 months postpartum I actually want to cry at the state of my hair. There are times I've actually pulled clumps of hair out of my head whilst in the shower washing my hair. Now I'm at a point where I dread doing anything with it and at times I can't even look when washing my hair because I can't stand to see how much I'm loosing. 

My hair has never felt so fragile. It's just so dull, dry and lifeless, so much so it just doesn't feel like my hair anymore. I honestly didn't think it would bother me this much loosing a few hairs, but for a woman their hair is such a huge part of who they are and something as simple as a bad hair day can change the way you feel. When I thought about it how it made me feel I realised that my body has gone through so much and even at 3 months postpartum I still don't feel myself, I've still got the "mummy tummy" and stretch marks and sometimes simply doing my hair and putting on some make up can just make me feel so much better about myself. However, now I have to deal with only being able to throw my hair up in a rubbish top knot but then I'm left with all the little baby hairs that have snapped around my face...it's just a lose lose situation for me right now. 

I know you can carry on loosing hair until baby is a year old but I'm not sure they will be any left by then. There may not be anything I can do right now but I'm going to attempt to make myself feel better with a hair cut!