Those days/weeks after baby is born are tough, I'm not going to sugar coat it and say it's easy because it's not! For the first 24 hours your running on adrenaline and you feel like you could take on the world but once that wears off you just crash...or feel like you've been hit by the biggest bus ever. Your downstairs in sore, your boobs are engorged and don't even get me started on the emotional side of it all. During the first few weeks postpartum I found a few things that helped me along the way; 

Simple Micellar Shower Gel - Here was me thinking I was going to be able to go back to washing with my lovely scented shower gels...no! How wrong I was! Things are still sore and very gross, which is why I always found that scented shower gels would irritate me. So, I tried the Micellar shower gel and fell in love, it was the first time in weeks that I actually felt clean. There was no over powering smell and it just felt so gentle on my skin. 

Andrex Washlets - Even if you take nothing else on board that I've said, you must get these! I'm not even joking, these saved my life so often because lets be honest it's very rare in the weeks after baby that you'll ever feel clean down below but these made such a huge difference for me. They are cool so it helped with any stinging (which we all get) and they are wet so everything just feels a little cleaner and fresher when it's needed most. I swear by these now and I'm so happy I ignored everyone who laughed at me when I told them I had packed some in my hospital bag. 

Tissues - Lets be honest, we all shed a tear or two after having a baby. There's no shame in having a few weepy days, just make sure you have tissues on hand at all times because you never know when they're going to strike.

Breast Pads - Whether you choose to breast feed or not you are going to need some breast pads. Your milk usually comes in around day 3 and it's painful *shudder*, you boobs get huge and whether you want it there or not it's going to start coming out! Having the breast pads on hand just stops any embarrassing leak patches on your clothing

Always Night Towels - I believe every girl likes something different from their sanitary products, but there is no escaping the giant maternity pads after having a baby and believe me you'll be thankful for their thickness in the early days! So, after trying so many brands I actually found Always Night Towels to be the best ones, they are the thickness and size of a maternity pad but are so much more comfortable. For how often you have to change them I think it's vital to find ones that are comfortable and absorbent (obviously) and yes, I know they're ugly and people find wearing pads gross but you'll be thankful you bought them!