When I was pregnant there was one thing I was told over and over again and that was "savour every moment because before you know it she'll be a toddler". For many reasons I often found myself laughing at the remark. Firstly, of course, I'll savour every moment, she's our firstborn so everything is new for Michael & I. Secondly, there are 2-3 years before she's a toddler it's going to ages. 

Then Ellie was born!

The first two weeks blurred into a huge mess of sleepless nights, breastfeeding troubles, dirty nappies and a sore downstairs region. Then you get yourself into a routine of feed, change, sleep, repeat and when you finally get a second to sit down you realise they're a month old.

Now, I know this sounds strange but if I knew how quickly those first few weeks were going to go I would have let those moments last...even if it was just for another 10 minutes. I would savour those newborn cuddles, not put her down when she's snoozing so peacefully in my arms, I'd take in her newborn smell every spare moment I had and I'd take a million pictures of her wrapped in all those cute clothes. I would sit and watch her sleep and cherish every moment of adorable cooing because now those moments are just memories.

Now we have a 4-month-old baby who is becoming more and more independent as the days go by; she's can pretty much sit on her own, she can find toys herself, she can soothe herself and she's starting to want to be on her feet.

It's taken me until now to realise that those people were right, I should have and should be savouring every second of her being little and going forward I know I will as there are so many more amazing things to come. Don't get me wrong I've took endless amounts of pictures and have so many heartwarming moments that have a permanent place in my heart but it's those little things in between that I feel have already become a distant memory; the chats Michael and I had during night feeds, seeing Ellie all cosy in her Moses basket before she outgrew it and even seeing our families face the moment they first met her.

So, from this moment on I'm vowing to savour every moment; the big, the small, the good and the bad...because I don't want to forget a single second.