If we're all completely honest no one likes cleaning their make up brushes. It's a long, boring and tedious job but sadly it's one that has to be done! Over recent months I've noticed beauty tools popping up all over claiming to make brush cleaning easier, everything from rotating handles to brush shampoos!

The one I've seen most often are the silicone mats, whether they are ones that go on your finger, your hand or even in the sink...they are everywhere! I wasn't too surprised to see them in Primark when I went in last week as they always tend to jump onto beauty tool trends quite quickly but I thought it was a little gimmicky. However, for £1.50 I wanted to give it a go because even if it didn't work I wasn't loosing out on anything.

The lip shaped mat is full of different textures that are designed to get into the bristles of your brushes are remove the make up...if I'm honest I wasn't convinced when I first took it out of the box, but it didn't take long for me to be converted!

I popped the mat down in the sink, at first I did wish it would have stuck to the sink but I still found myself wanting to hold onto the mat when I was using it so it didn't really bother me so much in the end! I tried putting the soap onto the mat at first but I did find that it just slid off which wasn't idea, I found wetting the brush and popping the soap onto the bristles was much easier.

Due the to the size of the ridges on the mat I found it worked best on eye brushes, they were clean in seconds! I was a little more sceptical when it came to my foundation brush, mainly because it had been quite a while since it was cleaned (cringe), but it actually worked! It did take a little longer to clean but it was done in record time, the one time I found it a little harder use it was with the powder brushes. Due to the bristles being longer and thicker I felt the ridges didn't quite get deep enough to get all of the make up out.

I can honestly say I've been converted to the brush cleaning mat, long gone are the days of me being hunched over the sink for what feels like hours with sore hands as I swirl another brush around on my hands! Safe to say, best £1.50 I've ever spent!